Dr. Catherine Morley, Associate Professor and Acting Director
University of Calgary (Doctor of Philosophy, Community Rehabilitation and Disability Studies, Graduate Division of Educational Research)
University of British Columbia (Master of Arts, Adult Education)
University of Guelph (Bachelor of Applied Science, Human Nutrition)
Capilano University (Certificate, Documentary Film)
Capilano University (Diploma, Textile Arts)
Vancouver General Hospital (Graduate Dietetic Internship)
Fellow, Dietitians of Canada (FDC)
Nutr 3013 (Introduction to Nutrition and Health Research)
Nutr 4903 (Senior Seminar)
Nutr 4913 (Critical Nutrition Counselling)
- Transinclusive dietetic practice
- Keeping seniors safe at home through malnutrition risk reduction;
- Connections between meanings of food/eating and eating behaviour, and changes with changed health status;
- Family experiences of eating with changed health status;
- Arts-based approaches (particular the use of film/video) in inquiry and nutrition education practice;
- Historical influences on and carried-over to present-day dietetic practices;
- Integration of education theory in approaches to dietetics education and training, and nutrition education;
- Critical dietetics http://criticaldieteticsblog.wordpress.com/
- Board of Directors, Dietitians of Canada (www.dietitians.ca), the national professional association for dietitians in Canada (Chair Elect, 2011-12; Chair, 2012-13; Director-at-Large, 2013-14).
- Member, Board of the Nova Scotia Health Research Foundation (2013-2016).
I am interested in knowledge translation in dietetics - the integration of research, the workplace needs of practitioners, and dietetics education.